Thursday, October 12, 2006

We're No Poets and we Know It...

From Tibet to Nepal with the Dutch
Was a trip we enjoyed very much
In an old 4x4
With a wonky rear door
And something not right with the clutch













The Dutchies were Frank and Martine
Hardened travellers and both very keen
To travel 6 days
On the Friendship Highway
Forgoing all personal hygiene










Our driver, his name was Migmar
Michael Jackson on repeat in his car
A fierce, proud Tibetan
Thought the Chinese were cretins
And Mr Lama was top man by far










Everest Base Camp we did have to see
Never guessing how cold it would be
Twas really quite chilly
I froze of my willy
Now I need to sit down when I pee










Poor people we saw quite a few
Most didn't even have shoes
Whenever we stopped
Around us they flocked
Desperate for a penny or two






4 Comments:

At 2:45 p.m., Blogger Col said...

I've only just caught up with your latest adventures, for some reason I've been otherwise engaged for the last few weeks!

10 out of 10 for effort, 1 out of 10 for impact on the literary world - I don't think Burns will be worrying about his position as most famous scottish bard!

I guess you chaps must be well on your way to Aus by now, make sure you have some snags when you get there.

Col

 
At 11:52 p.m., Blogger Kev_and_Jools said...

Gday cobber,

How is the nipper anyway? You got him doing mini-triathlons yet?

 
At 9:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

La Kev and de Jools. Can I set you a challenge . Could you find me a picture of the finest handle bar moustache in the world. I bet it can't beat Yorkshires finest.

Hope your both well and have enjoyed the blog ...also been good to hear that Col and the rest of your chums are doing well...still doing the triathlons too! might try to get upto Burger for a sprint one next year.

Have a good xmas n new year.

Adios

 
At 12:19 a.m., Blogger Kev_and_Jools said...

Mr Jackal,

I accecpt your challenge and will search all corners or the earth (well Oz, New Zealand and S. America) for the most impressive looking handlebar tache. Failing this, I will grow one myself.

Happy Christmas backatcha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home